AI/Computer Vision Engineer & Project Manager
Software Engineering, Operations, Data Science
Posted on Thursday, August 10, 2023
Please Apply Herehttps://vermeer.homerun.co/ai-computer-vision-engineer-project-manager About The PositionMy company, getvermeer.com, is building technology for automatic change detection and reconstruction in 3D photogrammetry maps. The ultimate goal is to be able to not only detect if a given part of the environment is different from the last time it was mapped, but also create a navigation plan that allows the drone to take pictures in an optimal position to perform the reconstruction offline in photogrammetry software.Our main customer right now is the DoD. We have won 5 large contracts in our first year working with this customer and we are about to close a large round of investment.We have just raised several million dollars from a VC fund founded by Defense experts who started a billion-dollar DoD company. This has given us a lot of confidence in our business and products.We are looking for someone with prior experience in Deep Learning for 2D and 3D data, Computer Vision, and Image Processing. Practical experience with change detection algorithms is desirable. SLAM/State Estimation experience is a plus.We are a small team, building a very cool product, you will have a lot of room for growth and to make an impact. What You’ll Be Doing In The Position
- Develop state-of-art systems for solving real computer vision challenges.
- Conduct applied research to determine the best approaches and techniques to different aspects of the problems faced.
- Optimize models and algorithms for deploying on embedded devices.
- Perform verification and validation of the developed algorithms.
- We have ~6 projects going right now, we are looking for someone not just to be a software developer, but also work on managing this project.
- Must be a US Citizen - this is a project for the US DoD.
- At least 4 years experience working with real challenging Computer Vision problems. Preferably with R&D related tasks.
- Experience working with change detection algorithms in images and/or full motion video.
- Proficiency in Python and C++
- Proficiency on common Deep Learning libraries such as Pytorch and Tensorflow, applied to real projects.
- Detailed understanding of common Computer Vision and Machine Learning algorithms.
- Ability to learn fast and include latest academic publications and scientific advances to the problems at hand.
- Experience with SLAM and or other state-estimations techniques is a plus.
- Experience with VR/AR is a plus.
- You have strong empathy for peers, direct reports, and customers
- You have excellent communication skills and the ability to motivate behavior change
- You’re adaptable and open to changing processes when it’s right for your team, your organization, and the customers you serve