Senior Platform Engineer
Posted on Tuesday, January 30, 2024
LeaseQuery is looking for a Senior Platform Engineer to join our team. We’re looking for someone with a passion for software engineering. You’ll be working side-by-side with a small elite team focused on building platform capabilities to meet customer needs and infrastructure to meet application growth. We are 100% cloud-based, hosted on AWS using general agile development practices. In this role you are a critical “get it done” person. You will work remotely with colleagues across the organization to design, develop, and deliver valuable software to our application teams and customers and continuously improve the way we do it.
What you will be doing:
- Build systems and APIs that multiple applications utilize by writing code, using commercial or open-source, and leveraging your hands-on AWS expertise.
- Write lots of high quality code, quickly. You’ll use strong, pragmatic engineering practices to turn ideas into practical, maintainable, testable code.
- Participate actively in designing platform capabilities - understand our suite of apps and work closely with the other engineering teams to turn ambiguous needs into high quality, scalable, maintainable software.
- Tackle complex problems, resolve them, and ensure solutions prevent future issues. Do so in a super pragmatic way - build/buy/use should always be on your mind and your work should never suffer from “not invented here syndrome” or “not my preferred language problem”.
- Evolve our architecture to meet current and future needs for scaling, performance, security, and reliability. Your focus is on quality and speed of delivery.
- Participate in the processes the team uses to organize around the work and get feedback such as planning, backlog refinement, sprint reviews.
- Communicate across the org to ensure your team is effective and achieves their goals.
- Work up and down the stack to implement new features and improve our systems.
Tools and Tech you will lead or work with:
- Our stack is C#, Python, AWS, Postgres, Redis, Node, Elasticache, and React.
What experience and skills we need you to have:
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent, or similar professional experience
- 7+ years experience in software generally, ideally in SaaS
- 5+ years experience in one of our core languages (C#, Node)
- Substantial experience in multiple of our technology stacks. You have opinions about its strengths and weaknesses. You also should know when to use a different stack.
- Experience increasing quality/reliability of systems through rock solid technical practices.
- Experience ensuring non functional requirements are met and maintained.
- A track record of accepting feedback and working to improve.
- Experience working in a shared services team.
- Hands-on AWS experience
- Experience with various integration patterns such as: API, queue/brokers, gRPC
- A desire to learn and grow outside of work through books, podcasts, meetups, conferences, etc.
- Flexible PTO (including 11 holidays and your birthday off)
- 401(k) plan with employer matching
- Great health benefits with multiple plan option
- Option to choose between in office, fully remote, or a hybrid work environment for all employees
- Sabbatical program (4 weeks after 5 years of service)
- Casual dress environment (when in office)
- Catered lunches every Tuesday and Thursday
- Company events each quarter
- Signing stipend for a work-from-home setup
- Free gym membership at our office
- Annual employee development program stipend of $2,000 for each employee
- Flexible parental leave with 10 weeks paid leave for ALL new parents
- Fertility/adoption assistance
- Annual tutoring stipend for your children
- Mentorship program available immediately
- Regular team outings
- Advancement opportunities based on results, not politics
- Culture that emphasizes inclusiveness driven by our REDI Committee
LeaseQuery simplifies accounting complexities with our innovative FinTech SaaS technology. We support more than 7,000 organizations in 90 countries and are highly rated by G2 for user satisfaction and ease of use. Our company and products have also appeared on several well-regarded lists including Inc. 5000, Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Atlanta Business Chronicle’s Best Places to Work, and more. Finally, LeaseQuery’s core lease accounting solution has been recognized by SIIA CODiE as the Best Fintech and Best Compliance Solution.
Since 2011, our CEO and founder, George Azih has grown LeaseQuery from a one-person startup and a simple lease accounting solution to a workforce of 300+, a partner network of 200+, and a globally recognizable FinTech platform that includes lease accounting under multiple governmental regulations, SaaS spend management, and integration capabilities with various ERPs.
As we move into our next phase of growth, we’re looking for passionate and dedicated people who want to invest their energy to align with our company’s long-term goals.
LeaseQuery is an equal opportunity employer to all persons, free from restrictions and prejudice based upon race, color, creed, religion, sex, domestic relationship status, parental status, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, and disability status. LeaseQuery maintains a drug-free workplace.