Senior Software Engineer (RoR)
Atlanta, GA, USA · Remote
Posted on Thursday, August 17, 2023
LeaseQuery is looking for a Senior Software Engineer in Ruby to join our team. We’re looking for someone with a passion for improvement; both in our applications and in yourself. You’ll be joining a small team focused on building features to meet customer needs and infrastructure to meet application growth. We practice Agile software development. We are 100% cloud-based, hosting on AWS/Heroku. In this role you will work remotely with colleagues across the organization to design, develop, and deliver valuable software to our customers and continuously improve the way we do it.
LeaseQuery Headquarters is located in Atlanta GA, but we are open to remote candidates for this opportunity.
What you will be doing:
- Write lots of high quality code, quickly. You’ll set the bar for the team in terms of solid, practical, maintainable, testable code. You’ll also set the bar for how fast you can turn ideas into working software.
- Be the thought leader of the RoR development space - designs, infrastructure, algorithms and data structures. You will work side-by-side with the technical founder setting the technical direction of the team and influence across the department.
- Tackle complex problems, resolve them, and ensure solutions prevent future issues.
- Remain current on new technologies to contribute in evaluating and selecting new tech.
- Share what you know across the engineering group. Help us learn and improve.
- Use automated tests to guide your development and ensure quality.
- Evolve our architecture to meet current and future needs for scaling, performance, security, and reliability.
- Be reflective and contribute to improving the team beyond just scheduled retrospectives.
- Participate in the processes the team uses to organize around the work and get feedback such as planning, backlog refinement, sprint reviews.
- Communicate across the org to ensure your team is effective and achieves their goals.
- Work up and down the stack to implement new features and improve our systems. Our stack is Ruby/Rails, AWS/Heroku, Postgres, Redis, and React.
What experience and skills we need you to have:
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent, or similar professional experience
- 7+ years experience in software generally, ideally in SaaS
- 5+ years experience in Ruby on Rails
- Substantial experience in the Rails technology stack. You have opinions about its strengths and weaknesses. You provide technical direction for a team implementing solutions in that stack.
- Experience increasing quality/reliability of systems through good technical practices.
- Experience improving the practices of your team and organization
- Experience ensuring non functional requirements are met and maintained.
- A track record of accepting feedback and working to improve.
- Experience giving feedback.
- A desire to learn and grow outside of work through books, podcasts, meetups, conferences, etc.
- Flexible PTO (including 11 holidays and your birthday off)
- 401(k) plan with employer matching
- Great health benefits with multiple plan option
- Option to choose between in office, fully remote, or a hybrid work environment for all employees
- Sabbatical program (4 weeks after 5 years of service)
- Casual dress environment (when in office)
- Catered lunches every Tuesday and Thursday
- Company events each quarter
- Signing stipend for a work-from-home setup
- Free gym membership at our office
- Annual employee development program stipend of $2,000 for each employee
- Flexible parental leave with 10 weeks paid leave for ALL new parents
- Fertility/adoption assistance
- Annual tutoring stipend for your children
- Mentorship program available immediately
- Regular team outings
- Advancement opportunities based on results, not politics
- Culture that emphasizes inclusiveness driven by our REDI Committee
LeaseQuery simplifies accounting complexities with our innovative FinTech SaaS technology. We support more than 7,000 organizations in 90 countries and are highly rated by G2 for user satisfaction and ease of use. Our company and products have also appeared on several well-regarded lists including Inc. 5000, Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Atlanta Business Chronicle’s Best Places to Work, and more. Finally, LeaseQuery’s core lease accounting solution has been recognized by SIIA CODiE as the Best Fintech and Best Compliance Solution.
Since 2011, our CEO and founder, George Azih has grown LeaseQuery from a one-person startup and a simple lease accounting solution to a workforce of 300+, a partner network of 200+, and a globally recognizable FinTech platform that includes lease accounting under multiple governmental regulations, SaaS spend management, and integration capabilities with various ERPs.
As we move into our next phase of growth, we’re looking for passionate and dedicated people who want to invest their energy to align with our company’s long-term goals.
LeaseQuery is an equal opportunity employer to all persons, free from restrictions and prejudice based upon race, color, creed, religion, sex, domestic relationship status, parental status, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, and disability status. LeaseQuery maintains a drug-free workplace.