Software Development Manager
Atlanta, GA, USA · Remote
Posted on Wednesday, August 16, 2023
LeaseQuery, is seeking a a Software Development Manager t to drive customer delivery via Agile processes, innovative software development practices, test automation on a high performing and geographically diverse engineering team. We’re looking for someone with a passion for improvement; both in our processes and in their career growth We work in an Agile environment with development teams utilizing Scrum practices including sprints and Kanban. We are 100% cloud-based, AWS native SaaS product and company. In this role you will directly lead a team of software developers and quality automation engineers while guiding the rest of the development organization to improve quality, speed of delivery, performance, and security. You will lead building, defining and guiding our software development and engineering practices including the careers and the culture needed to support it.
LeaseQuery offers SaaS FinTech solutions that helps companies easily manage processes and guidelines. We provide the unique ability to work at one of the fastest growing companies in the country, one that has the best-reviewed product in the market, and that has a company culture frequently named as one of the best places to work.
What you will be doing:
- Provide hands-on, proactive technical leadership to a distributed software organization in an agile environment.
- Proactively offer technical guidance and support to your team. This includes assisting with code reviews, providing specific feedback, troubleshooting complicated problems and ensuring the team uses software development best practices.
- Oversee the execution of concurrent software development projects to ensure project deadlines are met with quality. Provide focus and guidance to the teams to ensure customer success.
- Hire, train, mentor and manage the performance of software developers and quality automation engineers. Foster and guide the career development of your direct reports by providing constructive feedback and promoting a positive, productive work environment.
- Liaise with other teams, departments and stakeholders to ensure technical direction and activities are broadly understood. This includes presenting technical information in a way that non-technical stakeholders can understand, and ensuring that your team is aligned with the needs of the broader engineering department and business.
- Identify potential risks related to engineering projects or technology, determine mitigation strategies and act on those strategies.
- Foster innovation and encourage and support your team to come up with new ideas and solutions.
- Develop and allocate resources as necessary to ensure success for all business requirements, and sufficient coverage for niche skills/knowledge.
- Coach, guide and lead teams to drive and improve agile development.
- Serve as a professional example for your team, colleagues and others to follow.
What experience and skills we need you to have:
- Bachelor's Degree in a Technical Discipline or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of experience managing multiple geographically diverse software engineering teams in enterprise level environments.
- 5+ years of experience in Agile environment
- Proven software engineering experience
- Established expertise with developer tools and CI/CD pipelines
- Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
- Very strong people management and mentoring skills
- A passion for resolving complicated problems
- Flexible PTO (including 11 holidays and your birthday off)
- 401(k) plan with employer matching
- Great health benefits with multiple plan option
- Option to choose between in office, fully remote, or a hybrid work environment for all employees
- Sabbatical program (4 weeks after 5 years of service)
- Casual dress environment (when in office)
- Catered lunches every Tuesday and Thursday
- Company events each quarter
- Signing stipend for a work-from-home setup
- Free gym membership at our office
- Annual employee development program stipend of $2,000 for each employee
- Flexible parental leave with 10 weeks paid leave for ALL new parents
- Fertility/adoption assistance
- Annual tutoring stipend for your children
- Mentorship program available immediately
- Regular team outings
- Advancement opportunities based on results, not politics
- Culture that emphasizes inclusiveness driven by our REDI Committee
LeaseQuery simplifies accounting complexities with our innovative FinTech SaaS technology. We support more than 7,000 organizations in 90 countries and are highly rated by G2 for user satisfaction and ease of use. Our company and products have also appeared on several well-regarded lists including Inc. 5000, Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Atlanta Business Chronicle’s Best Places to Work, and more. Finally, LeaseQuery’s core lease accounting solution has been recognized by SIIA CODiE as the Best Fintech and Best Compliance Solution.
Since 2011, our CEO and founder, George Azih has grown LeaseQuery from a one-person startup and a simple lease accounting solution to a workforce of 300+, a partner network of 200+, and a globally recognizable FinTech platform that includes lease accounting under multiple governmental regulations, SaaS spend management, and integration capabilities with various ERPs.
As we move into our next phase of growth, we’re looking for passionate and dedicated people who want to invest their energy to align with our company’s long-term goals.
LeaseQuery is an equal opportunity employer to all persons, free from restrictions and prejudice based upon race, color, creed, religion, sex, domestic relationship status, parental status, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, and disability status. LeaseQuery maintains a drug-free workplace.