Software Engineering, Operations
Atlanta, GA, USA · Remote
Posted on Sunday, August 13, 2023
LeaseQuery is looking for a DevOps Manager to join our Engineering team. We’re looking for someone with a passion for improvement; both in our processes and in your career growth We work in an Agile software development environment with teams utilizing Scrum practices including bi-weekly sprints and Kanban. We are 100% cloud-based, AWS native SaaS product and company. We’re looking for someone well versed in DevOps practices in agile/scrum teams, with an emphasis on infrastructure stability and deployment pipeline improvements. In this role you will directly lead DevOps Engineers with hands-on support and leadership. You will lead building, defining and guiding our DevOps practices including the careers and the culture needed to support it.
LeaseQuery is a FinTech accounting software that helps companies easily comply with accounting guidelines. We provide the unique ability to work at one of the fastest growing companies in the country, one that has the best-reviewed product in the market, and that has a company culture frequently named as one of the best places to work.
LeaseQuery's headquarters is located in Atlanta, GA, but this role can sit 100% remote.
What you will be doing:
- Be a hands-on leader - able to review and give feedback on the team’s automation, approach, work cadence and planning. You will provide regular performance coaching and feedback to help your team accelerate and grow. Strong understanding of AWS, Terraform, IAC and Kubernetes is necessary.
- Build and manage a high-performing DevOps team, provide training, and make sure the team has the necessary resources to perform their roles effectively. This means diving in to understand operational activities identifying gaps and working to solve them both on your team and across other teams.
- Define and implement a strategic multi-quarter roadmap for all DevOps activities within the organization. Ensure that the DevOps strategy aligns with the business objectives.
- Guiding investment in tools, processes and training as well as maintaining and improving existing deployment and infrastructure systems
- Overseeing the maintenance of our infrastructure, including servers and databases. Selecting, deploying, and managing the right tools for automation, continuous integration, and continuous delivery.
- Automate and streamline the organization's software development and infrastructure management processes to make them more efficient.
- Monitor the efficiency of applications and infrastructure, making improvements as necessary and troubleshooting any issues that arise. Evangelize the utilization of alerting and monitoring across projects and teams.
- Establish, measure, and report on key performance indicators (KPIs) to help monitor the performance and success of DevOps initiatives.
- Ensure the security of the system architecture, and also that the team follows the necessary regulations and standards, such as SOC I and II
Tools and Tech you will lead or work with:
- OS: Windows server core, CentOS Linux
- Platforms: AWS, IIS, Aurora/Postgres,
- AWS Services: EC2, RDS, ElasticSearch, Lambda, VPC, Route53, S3
- Build and deployment tools: Ansible, Jenkins, Powershell, CircleCI
- Performance, Monitoring: Datadog, Crowdstrike, Macie, GuardDuty, WatchTower
What experience and skills we need you to have:
- 3+ years leading teams with a track record of success
- 3+ years of experience working with public or private cloud technologies, IaaS and PaaS solution
- 5+ years of experience in devops and cloud engineering
- Strong experience assessing and mitigating risk through DevOps practices
- An attitude of success defined in team accomplishments
- Flexible PTO (including 11 holidays and your birthday off)
- 401(k) plan with employer matching
- Great health benefits with multiple plan option
- Option to choose between in office, fully remote, or a hybrid work environment for all employees
- Sabbatical program (4 weeks after 5 years of service)
- Casual dress environment (when in office)
- Catered lunches every Tuesday and Thursday
- Company events each quarter
- Signing stipend for a work-from-home setup
- Free gym membership at our office
- Annual employee development program stipend of $2,000 for each employee
- Flexible parental leave with 10 weeks paid leave for ALL new parents
- Fertility/adoption assistance
- Annual tutoring stipend for your children
- Mentorship program available immediately
- Regular team outings
- Advancement opportunities based on results, not politics
- Culture that emphasizes inclusiveness driven by our REDI Committee
LeaseQuery simplifies accounting complexities with our innovative FinTech SaaS technology. We support more than 7,000 organizations in 90 countries and are highly rated by G2 for user satisfaction and ease of use. Our company and products have also appeared on several well-regarded lists including Inc. 5000, Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Atlanta Business Chronicle’s Best Places to Work, and more. Finally, LeaseQuery’s core lease accounting solution has been recognized by SIIA CODiE as the Best Fintech and Best Compliance Solution.
Since 2011, our CEO and founder, George Azih has grown LeaseQuery from a one-person startup and a simple lease accounting solution to a workforce of 300+, a partner network of 200+, and a globally recognizable FinTech platform that includes lease accounting under multiple governmental regulations, SaaS spend management, and integration capabilities with various ERPs.
As we move into our next phase of growth, we’re looking for passionate and dedicated people who want to invest their energy to align with our company’s long-term goals.
LeaseQuery is an equal opportunity employer to all persons, free from restrictions and prejudice based upon race, color, creed, religion, sex, domestic relationship status, parental status, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, and disability status. LeaseQuery maintains a drug-free workplace.